Re: [TenTec] Omni VI speech proc.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI speech proc.
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 09:04:48 -0600
Nope - in some testing I did when I first got my Omni VI+ the reports I
got were that the speech processor was very natural and sounded great, so
I always use it.  But then I'm always chasing DX with it, not just having
roundtables.  (I have a Heil HC-5 element, if that makes any difference.)

        73,  Duane

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 01:35:21 +0000 "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ"
<k5uj@hotmail.com> writes:
> Speaking of speech processors (was Orion) ever since I put my Omni VI
> on the
> air I have occasionally done A/B tests with the speech processor, on
> various
> bands, both sidebands, barefoot, with shoes, stock, then INRAD
> filters and
> the response has always been don't use it, better without it, Ten
> Tecs don't
> need it and so on.  I've therefore given up on using the built-in
> speech
> processor and never run it now.  Has that been the experience of
> others?
>
> Rob Atkinson
> K5UJ

Duane Calvin, AC5AA