Re: [TenTec] Orion firmware 1.366

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion firmware 1.366
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 18:07:21 -0600
> Which will inevitibly bring up a horsepower race. If the Orion has 199
> taps the Brand X will have to have at least 1999, Brand Y 2099, and
> Brand Z 2499.

Undoubtedly.  Already, the manufacturer of that as yet unreleased other
box is making claims about how the user ot that box won't lose
arguments over frequency.  I'm trying to recall the last time I was on the
air arguing over whether I was on 7989.993or 7989.9932 Khz    ....

If I really cared, I'd use my counter with it's GPS-stabilized time-base, and
beat either radio by 3 or 4 orders or magnitude :-)

But it's bound to happen, and the inevitable arguments over numbers (of
any consequence or not) are just lurking around the corner :-)

Grant/NQ5T