Re: [TenTec] TT 1220 problem

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT 1220 problem
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@qsl.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:53:05 -0500
Brian:

In addition to caps, check the final tuning and antenna SWR. My 1220 was
emitting a motorboating sound when I used certain mobile antennas. The
problem could be a parasitic oscillation in the final. Does it whine in
the low power position as well? Try adding additional grounds to the
final amp board. Try tweaking the final tuning cap. Years ago, we used
to tune 2 meter transmitters while listening to a cheap FM radio tuned
to a quiet spot on the dial and tuning the transmitter for minimum hash!

                73,

                Bob WB2VUF