Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ filters

To: "Ten-Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ filters
From: "john, ke5c" <ke5c@hot.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:15:36 -0600
> My question is, is it worth it to go ahead and add
> the 250 HZ filter in the 9MHZ or does it make it too
>  narrow? Switching in and out the 500 HZ filter

you'll get as many opinions as answers.  i had and got rid of 250 Hz filters
in my 6+ because they were always too narrow for me.  160 is a little
different since it is a "weak signal" contest, and you have a little more
time to fiddle with each contact, so maybe.  personally i'd just twist the
pbt with the 400/500's selected on the few occasions i really needed it
narrower.  biggest problem to me with the really narrow filters is missing
folks calling you out of your passband if you are not constantly sweeping
your frequency.  btw, look for n5tw - we'll be m/s with my soon to arrive
orion.

73, john