[TenTec] re: Argonaut V virtues

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] re: Argonaut V virtues
From: John Farler <jfarler@peoplepc.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:43:08 -0500
I agree on most about the Argo V.  It is  much better
than the Scout I traded in on it (at least than the one
I had which had the hopping illness)

One thing I would prefer is that the meter default
position be changed to read SWR and an easier tune
mode installed.  It's easier to put into tune than
the FT-817 that I also have, but I don't like
having to have the mike attached to make it easier.
Along with the PTT, you have to push another button
to get SWR, and if you're using a manual tuner, probably
do this porcedure several times during tune up.

I don't suppose this could be done in firmware.  I
see  more similarity with imported rigs in the
controls on the Argo V.  It's kind of wacky not to
have a one button tune - on this one and the FT-817.
I consider the above a "tweak," also.
Happy with the rig, only can't justify owning it
and an 817, but I think I will do so.

John Farler
K4AVX