Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 Rig Control

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 Rig Control
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:03:57 -1000
George Tuncil wrote:

Any adjustments to any other parameter, such as power level, AF gain, etc. still must be done at the radio and are not visible on the screen.

These controls are not adjustable via the data port on an Omni VI. It doesn't matter what logging software (or other) you have. The radio can't do that. I suggest that you get a listing of the instruction set for the Omni VI, which should tell you what can be controlled via the data port. Lacking that documentation, I would say that most any control that is inside the grey section of the control panel, which includes the VFO knob, can be controlled via the com port, and most of the controls that are not in that section of the front panel cannot. The one exception to this may be the RIT/XIT.

If it is important for you to be able to control those functions via a computer, you may want to consider a Jupiter, Pegasus, or an Onion.

73 DE N6KB