Re: [TenTec] Model 422B CENTURION HF LINEAR AMPLIFIER

To: jsb@digistar.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Model 422B CENTURION HF LINEAR AMPLIFIER
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 23:01:17 +0000
Actually, the Centurion is only 1 dB down on the legal limit. The Titan III is
a great full bore amp (albeit I did have to plug the finals back in when I put
the power transformer in) but for the difference in price 1 dB gets awfully
expensive. So unless you are a hard core contester/DXer buy the Centurion.

And #10 romex is perfectly adequate. An amp should draw less than 20 Amps, #10
is good for 30 - but do check your local codes. A lot of the codes call for a 4
prong socket and 4 pin plug with a dedicated safety ground in addition to the
neutral.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E