[TenTec] RE: New Titan-3

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: New Titan-3
From: "Duane Budd" <w5ben@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 18:43:58 -0500
I hope you have solved your problem already by talking to the Ten Tec tech
support people, but if you have not...

I do not have a Titan III, but I do have a QRO 2500DX, which has the same
tubes.

NORMAL operation is to see just what you describe - an increase of plate
current and a decrease in screen current. Increasing drive will result in
more plate current and increase in screen current - THEN you can begin to
see changes with tuning and output. Continuing with increased drive and
re-adjustment of the tuning controls should get you up and running.

I hope you do not have a dead amp.

Good luck.

Duane Budd
w5ben@arrl.net