[TenTec] Mixing Interfaces?

Subject: [TenTec] Mixing Interfaces?
From: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 01:39:59 -0500
I presently use DX4Win and Writelog to 'directly' control my Omni 6+ with the TT protocol, going from the computer to the rig's DB-25, a 301 remote tuning knob and Herc II amp.

I'd like to try the N1MM (and N3FJP) contesting software, but it doesn't support the TT protocol, instead the Icom protocol.

My question is whether I can run the Icom protocol for rig control with N1MM, have the computer control the Herc II, and still use the '301.

Will the following configuration work:

Computer --> Omni (Icom input)

                                       /-> 301
Omni DB-25 ("Y" cable") <