Re: [TenTec] VFO 263 PTO Rebuild Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] VFO 263 PTO Rebuild Question
From: "Harry" <rfman@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 14:59:31 -0500
Dan;

My kit had the inner shaft and the piece that attaches to the front of the
enclosure. I had to reuse the ball bearings and the brass outer shaft that
extends back into the PTO gear. Also included was the grease, washers and
one or two plastic parts. I would check on the ball bearings, mine were fine
and reusable, but there was some indication that they were supposed to be
part of the kit.

Also, I thought I was so smart and used my own "hi-tech" grease. I never
could get the thing to work right without binding. After three attempts, I
went back in and used the green Ten Tec grease and the PTO came out runnig
smooth as silk. Lesson learned.

The kit, in my opinion, was well worth it. I might have been able to get by
with the current hardware, just clean and re-grease, but the instructions
were priceless.

Good Luck
Harry NK9R