Re: [TenTec] VFO 263 PTO Rebuild Question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] VFO 263 PTO Rebuild Question
From: w8au@sssnet.com
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 23:32:04 -0500
At 09:21 PM 12/04/2003, Edward Crawford wrote:
If you do this without removing the PTO assembly from the radio, does the residue of the grease, and any possible particulate brass shavings that may have accumulated, end up being flushed inside the radio? Wouldn't this be a concern?

I'm sure the old grease is still around in some form, but I have not noticed any difficulties.
Either the old grease doesn't travel far, or if it does maybe it's non-metallic?

The Triflow, which is a Teflon based lubricant, must displace the old stuff nicely.....

Perry w8au