[TenTec] Future Tentec gear

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Future Tentec gear
From: k7gt@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 20:24:25 +0000
The ongoing conversation on what Tentec should produce has been interesting.
I would like to add my 2c worth.

A follow-on to the Hercules II would be a great idea. Even a bit more power
would be a good idea. Perhaps 750W or so althought that could be hard to do
with 13.8V supply. Perhaps coordination with the auto industry for their
future shift to a higher system voltage in cars could lead to an appropriate
voltage choice. I have heard about possible 48-50V systems, but am not in
the know here.

A simplified version of the Orion would also be useful.  More like an OmniVII,
although they tell me the Omni genealogy has stopped there and that the Orion
is definitely NOT a souped-up OmniVI!

As far as the present configuration of the Orion goes, I could care less
about general coverage receive, especially if it muddies up the specs for
the second receiver. Also, real SO2R, thank you! And while at it, make the
PA for at least 150W, preferably 200W.

Just some thoughts. (Hi Scott)

Allan  K7GT

Pleasanton CA