RE: [TenTec] Solid State Amps

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Solid State Amps
From: "W1GOR" <W1GOR@maine.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 13:00:06 -0500
Mark,

I thought of another issue... There are a number of individuals advertising
for 'basket case' Heath SB-220's and other HF amplifiers on QTH.COM, e-Bay,
E-ham, and other web classified pages. These so-called 'basket-cases' will
either be 'organ-donors' or repaired, upgraded, modified, refurbished, and
RE-SOLD to buyers.  The individuals may not be 'refurbing' these amplifiers
by the thousands, but they certainly are doing it in small production
quantities.  Are they limited by FCC R&R..?  I surely hope not, since they
are providing a valuable service by keeping these old amplifiers glowing and
warming many more shacks...

73, Larry - W1GOR