[TenTec] Orion Expanded Test Report

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Expanded Test Report
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 17:58:13 -0500
K5BGB wrote:
>Most interesting information! I'd like to see where the Ten-Tec
Argonaut V ranks on this comparison.

        Rod, I have it at 58/59 dB for IMDDR3 and 66 dB for BDR.
I did not include all radios tested in the list...mainly those
I thought of as potential contest radios.

        BTW, I went back and looked carefully at the FT-1000MP,
but I honestly cannot tell if the measurements were at 1 or
5 kHz.  That graph is not expanded like some of the later
graphs, so it is very difficult to interpolate the data.  In
magnifying it, it looks like more than 1 kHz but less than
5 kHz, so I'm really not sure.

CUL LW,

Bill W4ZV

P.S. I bet nobody else on this reflector knows what "LW" means! ;-)