Re: [TenTec] Vendor wives?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Vendor wives?
From: Bob Henderson <bob@cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 08:58:25 +0000
Wrong list. Sorry this was intended for the Orion list!

Bob

Bob Henderson wrote:

It seems to me that there is an awful lot written here that is tainted by "vendor's wife" perspective! You know what I mean....."nobody but the wife can be publicly critical of the husband".

As a satisfied owner and user of rigs from Elecraft, Icom, Kenwood, Ten-Tec and Yaesu (listed alphabetically for those who might discern a slight against the vendor to whom they are currently married), I think I have established myself as a happy polygamist. (Only so far as radio equipment is concerned, I should add!)

Have some of you lost sight of objective principle in your writings? I think so. There is no such thing as the PERFECT radio. Not in this life anyway. Neither is there any such thing as the BEST radio. Though there may well be such a thing as the BEST radio for YOU.

I can only smile when I read bold statements along the lines of "the only comparison is between radio X & Y and all others are meaningless".

The fact is that the comparisons important to you and your environment are the ones that matter...........to YOU. Manufacturer specifications, solid technical evaluations (such as those performed by ARRL) and user reviews, are all valuable in helping the undecided cross the bridge to a decision on just which radio may be the best for HIM.

Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F