RE: [TenTec] Orion --- K2

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Orion --- K2
From: "Ron" <royalct@inr.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 11:02:32 -0500
I think that I am a serious ham  (love Dxing and Contesting)......   So
serious that I am thinking about buying another Orion (to replace my Icom
775DSP) to sit next to my current Orion.  My current Orion is my first
TenTec product, and I am extremely impressed.......  The new 'serious' Icom
rig will be near 10 grand......... And Yaesu, well....................

If I need a portable rig, this serious ham may buy a production (non-kit
version) K2 (I've done my share of kit building and am done with it) or a
Jupiter.  For mobile use, hands down it will be an Icom 706 variant.

As you can see, one can not lump 'serious' hams into two groups.......... We
buy what fits our personal needs, wants and affordability.  This is the
greatness of being a free human.....my choice.....Not some body else's
thought.

Goodness, folks warned me about the TenTec Cult............. Now if we can
discuss facts instead of philosophy on this reflector.  Or, perhaps the
TenTecs are so reliable and outstanding that this is all there is left to
talk about.

As you may have notice, this potential purchaser could buy both a K2 and an
Icom 706.......

Ron ....... NU1U