[TenTec] Recieve audio only enhancment

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Recieve audio only enhancment
From: Barry N1EU <n1eu@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:26:26 -0800 (PST)
KD7EFQ asked "Has anyone ever experimented with
improving the recieved audio only on their Omni 6+
(Besides the inrad mod) with connecting external
equalizers/ small amplifiers etc and bookshelf stereo
type speakers etc. I'm NOT talking about messing with
TX audio like thw Wi Fi Spectrum hogs, just the
recieved audio out of the radio."

Yes - my experiment is described at the top of
http://www.qsl.net/n1eu/Mods/Omni6_mod.htm and it was
a worthwhile experiment.

(I also have a treatment for the Corsair, but I'm not
sure if it's Wi Fi Spectrum hogproof since it does
mention opening up transmit bandwith to a barndoor
wide 2.8Khz.)

73 & Happy Holidays,
Barry N1EU