Re: [TenTec] OMNI D PTO REBUILD INFO.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>, "\"tuscola\"" <tuscola@tds.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI D PTO REBUILD INFO.
From: "Mike Hyder --N4NT--" <N4NT_Mike.Hyder@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:43:45 -0500
There's a trick to getting the PTO out of the Omni-D.  Here's what Ten-Tec
advises:

PTO REMOVAL AND REPLACEMENT FOR OMNI MODELS 545 AND 546.

1- Remove top, bottom and front panel as per pages 3-1 and 3-2 in your
manual. Remove extrusion strip.

2- Remove Vox board control nuts and screws or nut from rear end of Vox
board. (leave wires on). Swing Vox board back and out of the way.

3- trim off the EXCESS insulating paper from the bottom cover of the PTO.
Use caution not to cut any wires.

4- Replace the Vox board- PTO will be removed thru the top of the unit.

5- Remove the brace from the top center of the rig.

6- On DIGITAL models- Remove the 4 screws from the front which hold the
counter assembly to front sub-panel. Swing the counter assembly back and out
of the way.

7- Note location of wires on PTO and unsolder same.

8- Remove the 2 screws holding the PTO to the sub-panel. Remove PTO by
lifting rear up and out first.

9- Rebuild PTO as per instructions provided. Clean the mating surfaces on
PTO and inside sub-panel.

10- Re-assemble rig and align as per manual as needed.

73 and good luck,
Mike -N4NT-