Re: [TenTec] Orion tuning rates

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion tuning rates
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 20:13:34 +0000
I am another of those who prefer the 10 Hz tuning step size with the 100 Hz
"Xm" option when I need to get somewhere more hurridly.

While the discrete tuning steps are not as smooth as my old SX96, 100, 101,
etc., and several of the import brands,  I much prefer nice sharp tuning steps
instead of the sort of "fuzzy logic" tuning step that gives you no indication
that much of anything happened. Especially one rig that would sort of lazily
drift up over a few seconds to somewhere in the neighborhood of the indicated
frequency. Maddening - and needless to say it didn't stay in my shack as many
days as the Orion has months.

73 and happy holidays, best DX, and great contest scores to all from

AC5E  and AD5HG  Pete and Helen Allen