[TenTec] K2/100, Orion review

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] K2/100, Orion review
From: Barry N1EU <n1eu@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 13:35:44 -0800 (PST)
I was looking at the K2/100 QST review that was just
published at
http://www.arrl.org/members-only/prodrev/pdf/pr0402.pdf
and also looking at the Orion review.  I noticed
something that I overlooked when I first read the
Orion review and that I haven't seen mentioned.  The
Orion seemed to exhibit cw element shortening, which I
only noticed when looking at the fuller K2 waveform
next to it.

Just wondering if anyone has noticed Orion keying
sounding light and if this occurs only in qsk (or not
at all in reality)?  Based on the Orion contest
results alone, I find it hard to believe the
shortening in the published keying waveform.

73 & happy holidays,
Barry N1EU