Re: [TenTec] K2/100, Orion review

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] K2/100, Orion review
From: "Art Searle" <w2nra@birdsandbeacons.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 20:39:12 -0500
Paul wrote:
> As a practical matter, Orion's slight shortening on the
first keyed element
> is not perceived to the listener, provided that all
remaining elements in
> the keyed series are of normal length.

I don't see why you all are making such a big deal about
this.  Looking at the Keying Waveform in the Expanded Report
(which is calibrated at 10 ms divisions) the foreshortening
is about 40% at 60 wpm.  Would it be fair to assume that at
30 wpm the foreshortening might only be 20%?  I doubt it you
could hear that.

Yuri wrote:
>. . . but you could send code with your foot switch . . .

Yes, but only if you use your left foot!  :)

73,
Art
W2NRA

PS And I don't have to defend the Orion; I don't own one.