[TenTec] QRP Get-Together in Mount Vernon, WA January 10

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] QRP Get-Together in Mount Vernon, WA January 10
From: "Bruce Prior" <n7rr@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 14:19:35 +0000
On Saturday, January 10, Lyle (KK7P) and Heather (N7DZU) Johnson are hosting a QRP get-together in their home in Mount Vernon, Washington on a hill overlooking the Skagit River Valley. Mount Vernon is 47 miles southeast of the British Columbia border at Blaine, and 53 miles north of Seattle. The QRP gab-fest will get underway at 1300. Plan to eat lunch ahead of time. Lyle and Heather will furnish dessert. Lyle will host the QRP bunch and Heather will entertain the non-QRP (QRO?) spouses and other adults. Children are also welcome. Unless they are interested in the ham-radio activities, there will be popcorn and videos for kids in a separate room. The Johnson QTH is a non-tobacco and non-alcohol place.

Lyle is one of the TAPR pioneers, and a major contributor to the amateur satellite program through AMSAT. He also designed the KDSP2 advanced DSP filter for the Elecraft K2 transceiver. See <http://www.elecraft.com> and follow the K2 and KDSP2 links for details. Lyle will demonstrate that unit. I'll take my Elecraft KX1 and Margaret (KD7CEL) will take her Ten-Tec Argonaut V with the SGC ADSP2 unit installed inside. Please bring more show-and-tell stuff!

The Johnson home is at 18345 Osprey Court, Mount Vernon, WA 98274. (48°22'44.9" N 122°17'12.8" W -- That's what my GPS reads in their driveway. Lyle has more precise geographical coordinates based on the GPS antenna on his roof!) See <http://www.mapquest.com> to generate a map and get directions from your place. Please RSVP to Lyle: <kk7p@amsat.org>. Mention the number of adults and the number and ages of kids in your party to help Heather and Lyle plan.

72,

J. Bruce Prior N7RR
Kairos Research
853 Alder Street
Blaine, WA  98230-8030
360-332-6046

Patronize tobacco-free enterprises and institutions.