[TenTec] Re: Herc II troubles

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Herc II troubles
From: "Allan Taylor" <k7gt@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 12:22:42 -0800
Well, now that the long weekend has come, I had some time to check out
the amp problems. It turned out to have little or nothing to do with the amp
but in
fact was a loose parallel port connector on back of the logging computer. It
had never
been fully screwed into place after the latest shack rehash. Apparently as it
was almost
loose, the transistor driving the computer keying circuit to the Omni6 would
lock up with
RF from the amp on at full power. Then with the amp out of the circuit it would
behave
ok. After disconnecting the QSK loop circuitry, the Omni6 worked fine for a
while and
then began to act up--key down-- as before. After 1/2 hour of examining
connections to
the key jack on the xcvr it was finally narrowed down to the computer interface
cord. ...
Well, I finally found it and it is now securely fastened. No trip to
Sevierville, no shipping
expenses. Life is good. I hope 2004's other problems can all be as easily
resolved!

How many cords go to YOUR key in jack?? (Mine has hand key, keyer, and computer
key line)

73  Allan K7GT