Re: [TenTec] Re: New Titan 3 DOA, CONCERNS

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: New Titan 3 DOA, CONCERNS
From: DennisKT5D@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 19:56:22 EST
        During a Ten Tec tour last month Stan commented that the Titan was
built by one person, a gentleman that is an RF engineer. He builds one a day
and
he is the only person assembling the amp at the factory. He is also
responsible for testing the amp. I found that quite interesting. I expected a
situation
where more people were involved with assembly and more units were produced
but apparently demand isn't that great for the Titan at the moment. I own a
Titan model 425, the older amp, and have had no trouble with it.
       I agree with the observation that the tape idea is a bandaid, not a
permanent fix. The tape and adhesive can get very soft when the amp heats up
causing it to deform or slip off entirely. If it were mine, screw replacement
is
definitely in order.