Re: [TenTec] K3BU Orion Review - part 1, Ergonomics

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] K3BU Orion Review - part 1, Ergonomics
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 23:20:44 -0600
> draft of the part 1 of Orion review is available at www.K3BU.us
> go to Reviews and Orion
>
> The web site and material will be updated as time permits.
> Any comments, additions or suggestions will be appreciated.

Given the extensive list of bad things said about all of the controls
(mushy), the "homebrew" build quality,  lack of a zillion meter scales
on the meter, the fact that T-T has not incorporated all of this
authors (and all of the other) herbal improvement in the soup, the
lack of "normal" functions, lack of a built-in power supply,
complaints about the material of the ground nut, and on and on, I'm
surprised the author has kept his crummy radio .. heck, I'm
surprised anyone who has bought one of these awful amateurish
radios has kept it  :-)

Hey, I did find -- to be balanced -- one or two positive comments

Besides -- as the opening remark says, any one who is a "casual"
ham or is a member of the Ten-tec "cult" probably isn't qualified to
fully understand all of the points contained in the review.

Grant/NQ5T