RE: [TenTec] 9MHz 500HZ filter

To: Rick@dj0ip.de, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] 9MHz 500HZ filter
From: nq5t@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 23:02:30 +0000
> If we insert 6-pole or 8-pole filters instead of 4-pole filters,
> we will have more insertion loss - and it is not trivial.
> I was thinking about using my filters from my OMNI VI+ too, but I
> am afraid there might be too much insertion loss.
>
> Has anybody done any testing with this or already asked TEN-TEC?

T-T supplies the higher pole filters for the optional positions

I recently installed both the standard T-T 500Hz/#217 and 1800Hz/#218) roofing
filters.  It would appear that the gain compensation for these filter positions
are set for the T-T 8-pole filters.

There was some discussion a while back about reduced IMD performance and
possibly some noise related to the extra gain stage associated with the 500Hz
filter.  Can't comment on IMD, but a have observed no increased noise or other
artifacts associated with the use of the filter.

In other words they work fine.

Grant/NQ5T