Re: [TenTec] fuzzy sidetone, tuning freeze

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] fuzzy sidetone, tuning freeze
From: Bob Henderson <bob@cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 20:30:46 +0000
Buck

ORION

The fuzzy sidetone came back with 1.367, though it was absent in 1.366. I have spoken to TT about it and they are optimistic they will have it solved for the next release. Meanwhile 1.366 is a better bet in my view than 1.367

Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F

K4IA@aol.com wrote:

Well, the credit card bill arrived and the thirty days is almost up. Time to decide: should it stay or should it go? I am getting over some of my earlier gripes but I have two more issues:

1. Fuzzy sidetone in the headphones. It comes and goes. It can be fixed by turning the radio off/on but sometimes it takes several tries before the fuzziness goes away.

2. Tuning lock. If the radio is left alone for a few hours, when I return, sometimes the tuning locks. Spinning the knob makes the numbers on the display change but the VFO is not tuning. Turning off/on solves this one.

Anyone have any ideas?

Radio k4ia
Craig "Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA