RE: [TenTec] Orion question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Orion question
From: "Dick Green" <dick.green@VALLEY.NET>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 00:22:00 -0500
I haven't noticed an objectionable drop in audio level when switching in NR.
It may be just the impression you get from the big reduction in noise.
Sometimes it sounds like the receiver is muted! But then when you hear a
signal it's normal level. Try it when you're locked on to a loud signal. You
do have to be careful, though, because NR can obscure weak stations.

I do agree that the audio level drops too much when BinRX is engaged.
Kicking up the volume seems to compensate OK, but that shouldn't be
necessary. I've reported it to ditsnbits.

73, Dick WC1M