Re: [TenTec] Turner M+2/U and TT OMNI V Hookup???

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Turner M+2/U and TT OMNI V Hookup???
From: OTAKEBI@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:25:12 EST
Ed, I got it to work.
Did as you told me and switched it to electronic switching.
Then rewired the mike plug.
However, when I went to Radio Shack to replace the battery I was told it is
now a special order item.
Had to go to a local CB shop and got one for 6 bucks.
Radio Shack wanted $7.95 for the battery plus shipping.
They did try to sell me a cell phone and a TV dish.
I do not think I will be going back.
Now all I have to do is hit the PTT on the mike with some DeOXit.
Every once in a while I hear a hiss out of the speaker when I first hit the
PTT after a few clicks of the PTT it got better.
I am sure the switch needs cleaning. It has been in the box for 20 years.
I heard from this CB guy that Turner made mikes for Collins.
So far all I have talked to on the rig tell me it sound good.
Not bad for free plus cost of battery.
Thanks,
Dan N4VET