Re: [TenTec] Orion vs. Yaesu FT-1000D

To: <Rick@dj0ip.de>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion vs. Yaesu FT-1000D
From: "Robert Higgins" <RHIGGINS1@CFL.RR.COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:51:50 -0500
I am a contester and I have an Orion on order, so by no means is this an
"anti Orion" comment. I must take exception to your statement about
"everyone who wants to win a contest is... upgrading to an Orion."

Maybe things are different in Europe, but contesters in the US have been
slow to move to the Orion. Sure you can cite some individual examples, but
over all uptake of the Orion has been slow here. In fact this failure to
generate much enthusiasm among my fellow contesters was a big reason it took
me this long to place my order.

I believe the Orion will be a great contest radio for me, and perhaps we
will eventually see Orions in contest shacks now dominated by FT-1000's, but
its not happening yet.  If my Orion lives up to expectations, I'll be happy
to spread the word among my fellow contesters.

73
Bob K4LW