Re: [TenTec] Omni-D ALC

To: <w1eof@hamnutz.com>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni-D ALC
From: "Mike Hyder --N4NT--" <N4NT_Mike.Hyder@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:11:46 -0500
I had a Triton that would oscillate when the drive control was advanced past
the point that the output power was over about 80 watts.  Called Garland
Jenkins.  He suggested I look at the diodes which generate the ALC voltage
because they were probably bad (they were).  He further suggested that while
in there I replace the diodes which generate the SWR voltage because diodes
are cheap but getting to them is right much of a bother.  Voltage spikes on
the antenna input can cause those diodes to fail.

73, Mike N4NT