[TenTec] Omni 6+ drift?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni 6+ drift?
From: Tom Provost <ag2a@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:18:36 -0500
I just started using my six plus with a two meter transverter and noticed a strange drifting problem. It drifts down in frequency fast enough to be annoying for a short while ,then seems to jump up the same amount.That is a slow drift down with fast snap back up. I can stop it (or so it appears)by rapidly turning the rig off and on. I noticed something like this before but in that case nets on twenty were reading low and if I switched off and on they read where they should be...Anyone out there know anything about this problem? The receiver on this transverted setup is working very nicely and I don't want to give it up but this trouble is noooo good!

Tom - ag2a