Re: [TenTec] Owning a Volvo?

To: Frank Gilmore <klycotek01@mchsi.com>, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Owning a Volvo?
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 20:38:01 +0000
Chuckle! Frank, I have known of the front end of a Volvo falling off in a panic
stop. Twice - but never while I was behind the wheel. That was one of the
safety features, you know. Just as the Vdub's safety feature was a low nose
that had a habit of under running the vehicle ahead in a collision, leading to
speculation about what you would get if you succedeed in breeding that VW to
that Pontiac.

One of my shield toting friends answered an accident call to find a VW had run
up under a Lincoln, far enough for the Link's bumper guards to shatter the
windshield. Alan couldn't see the driver because the remaining glass was
covered with blood. Alan got a little excited and wrenched to door open, to
find the driver more than happy to crawl out of his tin pretzel.

"Man, are you hurt," Alan asked the driver.

"Naw, man, but that gallon jar of sphagetti sauce has gone to H!" was the reply.

Rick, today's US Yuppies mostly announce "I made it" to the world with a shiny
new Lexus/Altima/Mercedes with a goodly number of BMW's in the mix. Most of the
Yuppiemobiles of the 1970's have either been melted for scrap or are in the
hands of die hard "ain't never been nothing made that's better" types. The same
guys who insist there's never been a better rig than a Swan, an FT101, or
whatever.

73 Pete Allen  AC5E