[TenTec] Model 544 TX/RX changeover problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Model 544 TX/RX changeover problem
From: "N4EKV" <adam@n4ekv.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 07:34:40 -0000
I have a nice Model 544 that just developed a transmit/receive changeover
problem that I need some assistance diagnosing.

All was working FB in QSO on 75m LSB when I unkeyed the mic and the S-meter
went near full scale with RX sigs very muted.  Powering off/on the radio
fixed the problem until I keyed up again, and then the problem reoccured.
Maybe a T/R relay is sticking or dirty?  I believe this rig has a reed relay
and a second relay though I'm unsure which would cause this problem and what
corrective measure to take once identified.

Thanks in advance,

73,

Adam N.
Martinez, California