[TenTec] Re:Orion Power Out Problems

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re:Orion Power Out Problems
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 08:25:26 -0500
Yes, this is a firmware problem, even with 1.367. It does occur exactly as you
describe. With the sweep turned on and operating split VFO's. It's a know
problem at TT  and exchanging emails with Gary, he has this as a priority 'fix'
problem. I've heard/read the next firmware update has been in beta testing for
some time now and one of the guys doing beta test ran the 160m cw contest
without a failure...so there's hope it will be fixed in the next firmware
update. Otherwise, my Orion and Titan 3 are working in excellent fashion.

Tom/W4BQF