RE: [TenTec] Omni6+ mods: 125hz cw filter and 2 khz roofing filter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Omni6+ mods: 125hz cw filter and 2 khz roofing filter
From: "Rick Westerman" <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:05:49 +0100
Barry,

I guess I'm guilty for doing what you dissagree with and I
(respectfully) dissagree with you.

I investigated doing this one year ago and then decided to drop
the idea after reading servral posts here on this reflector.  I
won't bother with all of them.  Just have a look at what Jerry
said in the post (url) below.  After reading that and thinking
about it for a while, I dropped the entire idea.  All I did to my
OMNI was add the capability of using a preselector with it.  I
used a Braun and sometimes the BCC preselectors quite
successfully for many years.  Read the [long] post and then see
if you still disagree with me.  BTW, if you read all of the posts
associated with this one, you will see that George (INRAD) was
involved and the results of the narrower OMNI VI roofing filter
were indeed negligable.  Finally, YES, it is second hand info
because I never tried it.  I dropped it after reading this.  73 -
Rick

http://lists.contesting.com/archives/html/TenTec/2003-06/msg00534
.html