RE: [TenTec] BPL and buying an Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] BPL and buying an Orion
From: "Rick Westerman" <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:47:06 +0100
The BIG problem here in Germany is not so much the long-distance
BPL, but rather the multitude of home-networks which are
springing up daily using the electrical wiring as a transport
media.  Since most Germans live in appartment buildings and not
in single houses, it is potentially a huge problem.  It is likely
that someone within the complex will use such a "killer" device.
I'm in a single house, though and my nearest neighbor is about
100 meters away.  Maybe I'll be lucky.

Actually, when I first appraised the ORION, my thoughts were "I
don't need FM and I don't need AM".  Well if this BPL gets to be
too bad, FM may be our last resort!

73
Rick