Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Noise Blanker

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Noise Blanker
From: Bill NY9H <ny9h@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:23:09 -0600
Mark,
Usually my NB has an effect on powerline noise. Rarely it has NO effect on powerline noise. Depends on the pulse. My Icom 756P2 nicely portrays the noise on the Bandscope... very easily identifiable as line noise, repetitive , wideband etc. The NB on the 6+ always can do a better job on this than the Icom.
If you have a beam, swing it around to change the level of the noise, sometimes if I can attenuate the noise a little it becomes manageable.

good luck. I just had a three month thing with ComEd here. They finally got the noise fixed ...6 houses west of me.

The noise blankers on my icoms/elecrafts & tentecs do not get rid of the noise created by my neighbor from Either her treadmill or her TV set....
the treadmill hits 10-80...( as does ours ) andfthe TV put a wideband noise across all of 20 meters.

bill