Re: [TenTec] "PTT CW" vs. PTT-controlled CW redux

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] "PTT CW" vs. PTT-controlled CW redux
From: Sinisa Hristov <shristov@ptt.yu>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 21:00:04 -0500
Richard Detweiler wrote:

> In CW Mode, when the PTT line is lowered or closed,  the antenna
> relays would go to TX position and the audio would be muted, that's all
> that's needed,  The CW key would then do the rest as normal.

I don't think that's "all that's needed".  Here's what's actually needed.

Upon PTT closure the transmitter must get ready to send CW code
before the first keying pulse arrives in order to avoid chopping it,
like it does now. Minimum "PTT setup time to key down" shall be specified.

Upon PTT termination the transceiver must switch to receive as fast
as possible and as clean as possible, disregarding the "CW QSK Delay"
setting. Also the AMP KEY line must get deactivated as fast as possible,
disregarding the "External T/R" setting. Minimum "PTT hold time from key up"
shall be specified.

73,

Sinisa YT1NT, VA3TTN