Re: [TenTec] off topic tuner tuner

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] off topic tuner tuner
From: "John" <brazos@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:42:36 -0500
From: <ac5e@comcast.net>
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2004 7:04 AM

> I used a Palomar between my Paragon and MFJ, later between the Paragon and
238, and finally between the Paragon and Titan. The "tuner tuner" shares the
same disadvantage as the Autek and the MFJ 259B that live in the same drawer
in my shack.

> They all get the job done when you want to "tune the tuner," although with
the 238 the cheat sheet made it unnecessary. And the amp is out of line
unless you are transmitting and none of them will help with amp tuning, so a
cheat sheet and a dummy load are desirable there.

> I still occasionly use the original 238 cheat sheet, expanded to two sets
of settings for the bands I need a tuner on, for wet or dry, as well as more
frequency settings for the wider bands such as 75/80. But after I learned
the tuner settings pretty well I stuck the Palomar in the drawer. I haven't
used it since the first Omni V replaced the Paragon.