Re: [TenTec] Please take me off the server

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Please take me off the server
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 20:44:58 +0000
John, I seriously doubt the virii you are getting actually come from anyone on
the Ten Tec list. I am firewalled and double virus protected but I still get
Email with a "spoofed" address.

Essentially, the viruses send an E-mail with their latest victim's address to
everyone in the victims address book. Electronic forgery, in a word.

For some free security, let me suggest you go to grc.com (Steve Gibson's Gibson
Research site), read all about it, and then do the "probe my ports, test my
shields" bit. Do "Opt out" and anything else the site suggests you do to
improve your security. Then use the link to the Zone Alarm site and at least
download the freebie version of Zone Alarm. You will get tired of the warnings
after a while - but you will be amazed at how many times someone, probably with
criminal intent, tries to break into your confusor. When you get through the
GRC site should report your computer is in "full stealth" mode.

In my case, Zone Alarm reports more than 1,700 attempted intrusions, with more
than 400 of these "high rated" since January 3. My last computer had nearly
10,000 attempted intrusions with more than 1,000 hijack attempts in less than a
year.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E