[TenTec] 8 pin DIN to 5 pin DIN for Tigertronics SignLink

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] 8 pin DIN to 5 pin DIN for Tigertronics SignLink
From: Richard Hemingway <rheming1@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 17:16:59 -0600
How to change an 8 pin DIN to a 5 pin DIN cable. When I sold my Icom 756 for a TT Jupiter I was using SignLink SL-1+ for connection for PSK31. Lo and behold the TT has a 5 pin DIN and the Icom had an 8 pin DIN. I called Tigertronics last Monday and ordered a 5 pin cable. Turns out they never sent it or did they put through the charge. Frustrated I noticed the pins are the same spacing on both but more of them on the 8 pin. Snip, snip and snip and I had a 5 pin. Checked the wiring and all set. Plugged it in and I am back on the air with PSK!! Monday I will call and cancel the order, or send it back if sent.

Dick, N5XRD

Plano, TX