Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Stability

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Stability
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 23:55:00 -0500
From: "Don Rasmussen" <wb8yqj@yahoo.com>

> Today's Beef - anyone else notice East Coast US
> contest stations calling "CQ SSB contest - listening
> DOWN - 7.035"? I've heard the DX stations doing it the
> other way around (calling CQ on SSB "listening UP")
> but never imagined the US stations would be so rude.
>
> Guess their score seems more important to them than my
> CW ragchew, but also imagine we should be happy when
> the bands are being fully utilized with the BPL
> spector looming.
>
> de WB8YQJ

I think there is something we always forget...and that is frequency
allocations. The FCC sets frequency allocations for the USA and NOT the rest
of the world. Other countries have the perfect right to run SSB, RTTY,
digital, or what ever their governing body has allocated to them. Most
foreign hams, of course including Canada, do not normally operate SSB below
about 7.035, primarily out of respect for OUR CW band allotment.

If you think frequency allocations are a problem now, you just wait until
K1ZZ and the ARRL gets through with us 'outdated' CW hams!!! 'Course we're
just gonna sit on our collective fannies and complain on some reflector
instead of screaming to high heaven at K1ZZ. Think about it folks. AND DO
SOMETHING!

Tom - W4BQF