[TenTec] MTTY and the Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] MTTY and the Orion
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 09:18:25 -0500
I'm interested in 'tinkering' around with rtty a little. I have the MTTY
program and need a little assistance in getting it set up properly. Is FSK a
better way to go rather than AFSK? I hook my sound card directly to the Orion
for the other digital modes and it works great, but it just seems to me that
FSK kinda eliminates the need to really get the audio levels set up so your not
over driving the Orion. Going FSK would only require using my second COM port
to key the FSK line on the AUX connector to the Orion.

Any suggestions? Experience with MTTY and the Orion?

Thanks,

Tom - W4BQF