[TenTec] Re: [Orion] RX problems

To: 00tlzivney@bsu.edu, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: [Orion] RX problems
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 19:45:38 +0000
You may well not have done anything wrong. In coming up on a year with the
Orion, there have been a couple of occasions when it appeared a flash memory or
memory register was full of garbage. The symptoms were similar to yours.
Cycling the power would temporarily clear things up, but the problem soon
reappeared.  I cannot find any reason that should be so, but......

A master reset (hold the Main RX/Tx down and turn the rig on, when it tells you
reset is complete release the Main, tell it no to save your user memories and
no again to save your filter settings) has always cleared up the problem. So
far at least.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E
> I had no problems with the Orion in the ARRL DX CW weekend, except
> for the TRLog-induced problem of the shift key on the keyboard moving
> my frequency.  I have that locked out in the logging program now.
>
> However, I had a very frustrating weekend in the ARRL DX SSB contest.
> It's probably cockpit errors on my part, but I don't know what I
> did wrong.  The radio would be working fine, then I would notice
> while tuning around that the background rumbling noise level would be
> increasing.  In fact, I would notice that I could no longer decipher
> any stations audio!  The frequency readout on the Orion would tune
> with the knob, but the received audio would stay the same.  Cycling
> the power on/off switch would bring things back to normal for a while.
ilman/listinfo/orion