Re: [TenTec] Omni6+ and Opt3

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni6+ and Opt3
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:12:31 -0600
Vern, they are essentially the same, however an Omni Opt 3 could be
several years older than the VI+.  The earlier one may not have the
crystal oven that stays on whenever +13.6V is applied, as all VI+'s do.
I'm sure there were other minor changes throughout the radio, but nothing
major.  If I remember correctly, the major changes were related to adding
the filter positions and improving the DSP.  Not sure what else changed
in the Opt 3, but at it's pricing they certainly didn't replace
everything but the chassis.  So, buying a VI+ means you'll most likely
get a later version of the cards.

        73,  Duane