Re: [TenTec] IC 7800/FT2000D/TenTec-?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] IC 7800/FT2000D/TenTec-?
From: "Jim Reid" <jimr.reid@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:45:19 -1000
>     With Doug Smith gone, Hopefully they still have the
> engineering expertise left to design and build a "Harris
> commercial Grade" equivalent to stay in the new high
> end game.

Well,  without Doug,  the TT design team managed the
RX-340 a very few years ago.  Believe they have sold
a bunch of those to "governments".  Note,  it also has
adjustable AGC parameters and lots of DSP features,
plus it tunes down into the low kHz range,  maybe to 30kHz
or so.  Also has features the Orion lacks, but it is for a
completely different purpose.  Best one for me on my
340 is the ability to frequency lock the master LO to
the GPS systems via the "surplus" hp cell site rcvr's
now on the market for a few hundres $'s.  Wish the
Orion had that feature,  for example.

73,  Jim  KH7M