Re: [TenTec] ditsnbits?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ditsnbits?
From: "Richard Detweiler" <rdetweil@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:38:44 -0600

Hope this is taken in the positive spirit it is intended.

I've sent in a couple of e-mails about faults to dtsnbits, but have felt a bit un-rewarded for my efforts. Dits&Bits doesn't respond with an automated message that they received the e-mail. So I really don't know if it made it.

IBM learned along time ago how to deal with software problems. Customer communications.. What is the extent of the problem, what brings it on, what can be done to work with it. All this instills a sense the customer is a part of the solution. Most people when they feel that way will walk with you to the end of the earth.

The last time the known issues on dits&bits has been update was March 28th, 2003, I think there is alot more than that.

The Orion is rough on the edges and causes some people alot of worry. I beleive in Ten Tec's ability to solve the problems. It would be almost a requirement to have this kind of communications to attract the skiddish new customer.

With the $880M Mars Rovers, once a problem was discovered, it was plastered over the news about the problem, and that they were working on the problem. We got information about it's symptoms, cause, and ultimately it's fix. If it works for NASA and IBM, why can't we also be in on ditsnbits?

73's
Rich
K5SF