Re: [TenTec] ditsnbits auto-responder

To: jsb@digistar.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ditsnbits auto-responder
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:13:18 -0600
Apologies, again.  My screw-up.  What made sense for a private note
doesn't make sense in the cold, harsh light of public scrutiny!  I won't
even try to defend it other than to say I was employing hyperbole that I
thought matched that in the note I was responding to.  I'll be more
careful with my reply direction, and making sure I'm saying what I really
mean.  ("Engage brain, put mouth in gear.")

        73,  Duane

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:46:32 -0500 (EST) jsb@digistar.com writes:
> On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Grant Youngman wrote:
>
> > > have folded a while back.  Don't get me wrong - I love my TT
> radios,
> > > but they do need to improve their communications and attitudes
> in
> > some
> > > areas.
> >
> > Of the vendors whose radios I've owned, T-T is the only one I
> would ever
> > contemplate using the word "responsive" with.  If there's an
> attitude
> > (good, bad, or mixed) , at least there's enough communication to
> know
> > there IS one :-)
>
> My experiences with picking up the phone and calling Ten-Tec has
> been as
> good as it gets.  Email is fine but it's as weak as the excuse "the
> dog
> ate my homework"  - if you've got something to say, use the phone or
> write
> a letter.  As much email as there is to handle at Ten-Tec i'm sure
> it's a
> fulltime job for someone to wade through it.  And we know they do
> read it
> 'cause I always get a reply from Stan or Scott.
>
> And as Stan's told me a number of times:  the more people email a
> request
> to ditsnbits the more likely it will be implemented.  One guy
> emailing
> them for a request isn't likely to see it done unless it's some
> hugely
> obvious request that should be satisfied.
>

> "Take it away, Leon, take it away..." - Bob Wills
> 73 Jason N1SU

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas