Re: [TenTec] The Great Debate

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The Great Debate
From: edoc <kd4e@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 09:18:24 -0500
Jeff Kelly wrote:
I am debating whether to sell my four Ten Tec radios to purchase
an Orion. The four I have are an Omni C, Corsair II, Omni VI/opt1
and a Jupiter - all in great shape. With a little luck and selling the accessories I should be pretty close
to the cost of the stock Orion.
So... should I do it - or will I regret this a year from now?
Appreciate your comments and insight.
Jeff
KT2K

I cannot comment on the Orion but the upgrade path can sometimes be as much cosmetic preference as performance.

I just sold my Triton IV/544 and Kenwood TS-430S and Dentron MT-2000A
and Alinco DR-570 and Kenwood F6A for a Jupiter.

My elementary school-age daughter and son are fascinated with the Jupiter, just from the pictures, in a way that they have not taken to any of the older gear -- and I really want them to try Amateur Radio. (My wife is not quite sure what to think, though she is licensed.)

The old-rig consolation here is that I have also acquired a Drake
TR7 (needs a little work), so I will have two really special rigs!

BTW:  If you have the pod for your Jupiter and do sell the rig I am
looking for a used pod (can't afford a new one these days).  ;-)

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e
West Central Florida